With the price of gas per gallon soaring in mid-2022, drivers are looking for ways to save at the pump.
Depending on what type of car you currently have, it may be time for an upgrade. If your wallet is getting gutted at the gas station, here are 5 gas saving cars to consider – plus, how to save even more gas with high-performance chips.
1. 2022 Ford Escape
The 2022 Ford Escape is a reliable 4-door compact SUV designed for robust performance and excellent gas mileage. Drivers get 28 MPG in the city and a money-saving 34 MPG on the highway.
- Choose from a .5L 3-cylinder, 2.0L 4 cylinder, or 2.5L 4-cylinder engine
- Connect up to 10 devices to the 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot
- Stay safer with the AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control and Four-Wheel Disc Brakes with an Anti-Lock
- Get out in the winter with all-wheel drive
- Choose from three new colors: Iced Blue, Atlas Blue, and Flight Blue
2. 2022 Nissan Versa
The 2022 Nissan Versa is a stylish subcompact car with a 5-star NHTSA rating. Drivers enjoy massive gas savings with 32 MPG in the city and 40 MPG on the highway.
- Enjoy infotainment with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
- Choose from a five-speed manual transmission or a continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT)
- Stay warm with heated front seats and a leather-wrapped shift stick and steering wheel
- Achieve maximum comfort with automatic climate control
- Get on the road quickly with remote start
- Stay safer with front and rear automatic emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, rear cross-traffic alarm, and blind-spot monitoring
3. 2022 Toyota Prius
The Toyota Prius is arguably the most well-known hybrid vehicle, being one of the first gas saver cars available on the mass market. The 2022 model gets an astounding 58 MPG in the city and 53 MPG on the highway.
- Get around easier in the only compact hybrid vehicle with all-wheel drive, even in ice and snow
- Maintain comfort in the winter with heated front seats and a heated steering wheel
- Use a blend of friction and regenerative braking
- Stay on track with center console-mounted information gauges and 7” touchscreen infotainment system
- Load more cargo in the trunk and backseat with the hatchback design
4. 2022 Kia Rio
The 2022 Kia Rio is a traditional subcompact sedan with a 4-door entry and multiple luxury features. It ranks highly among gas saver cars with 33 MPG city gas mileage and 41 MPG on the highway.
- Zoom ahead of traffic with the 1.6-liter inline-four engine with 120 horsepower
- Control your audio and climate with easy-to-use dials
- Fold the back seats down for even more cargo storage in the hatchback
- Stay safer with automatic emergency braking, forward-collision alarm, and lane-keep assistance
- Choose between two excellent warranties – the limited warranty covers your vehicle for 60,000 miles or 5 years, whichever comes first, and the Powertrain warranty covers your car for 100,000 miles or 10 years
5. 2022 Subaru Legacy
Subaru is well known for being an extremely reliable motor vehicle manufacturer, and their 2022 Subaru Legacy makes the cut this year for good performance and gas mileage for the price. This compact car gets 27 MPG in the city and 35 MPG on the highway.
- Enjoy standard all-wheel-drive
- Show off a sleek-looking and streamlined vehicle design
- Invite your family and friends with the spacious interior and extra leg room
- Open the power sunroof for fresh air
- Get where you need to go with the 260-hp turbocharged 2.4-liter engine
Save More Gas With High-Performance Chips
A performance chip, which is also sometimes called a “super chip,” is a computer chip that increases a vehicle’s performance, namely its gas mileage, torque, and horsepower when installed in the engine. This process is called “chip tuning,” and makes smart changes to a car’s parameters, such as how much fuel is supplied to the engine and the timing of your ignition switch.
Chip Your Car offers the world’s most popular performance chip, which can increase your vehicle’s gas mileage by up to 4-6 MPG. Contact us to learn more about high-performance chips and how they can save you money.